(NC)-To most homeowners, hydronic, under-floor heating is still considered a luxury. However the advantages of wall-mounted and under-floor hydronic heating go beyond esthetics and design.
Hydronic heating systems use water, a much more effective heat-transfer medium than forced air, to distribute warmth throughout your home, so the comfort of toasty toes this winter can come with cost savings.
In addition to lightening the load on your wallet, hydronic heating has benefits when it comes to the environment and your health. According to the Canadian Institute of Plumbing & Heating, a not-for-profit trade association representing Canada's manufacturers and wholesaler-distributers of plumbing and hydronic heating products, here are five reasons hydronic heat may be right for your home:
• Using water as the heat-transfer medium reduces the need to move around air with its dirt, dust, pollutants and allergens it carries, improving indoor air quality when the windows are closed;
• Floor and wall radiant heating delivers consistent and even warming over a greater surface area. This is known as the radiant effect and it allows you to heat your home at a lower thermostat setting, requiring less energy for lower bills;
• The main heating conduit is pipe, which means less duct work. Hydronic heat can be installed almost anywhere, including lower levels, basements, and garages. It can be used in a whole home or simply a new addition;
• Hydronic heating allows you to use your whole living space without the worry of obstructing vents and intakes. And with fewer unsightly grills, hydronic heating contributes to the esthetic appeal of your house;
• Hydronic heating is easy to install and not expensive. More information is available online at www.ciph.com.
Courtesy of Newscanada
Post Your Comment: